The first dreadnought in the U.S. Navy. Due to limited dimensions, the ship carried relatively weak armament and had a low speed. Battleships of her class were the first to receive superfiring turrets. This meant she could fire a full broadside with all main battery guns.
- Decent guns for tier: receives eight 305mm guns with best-in-tier range and better handling than some of her counterparts (such as Kawachi).
- Superfiring turrets: can train at least half her guns in any direction, and bring all eight guns to bear on most aspects for a broadside.
- Good armor for tier.
- Good turning radius.
- Good accuracy and penetration against broadside cruisers and battleships.
- Struggles when up-tiered; Tier IV pack a heavier armament and are frequently faster.
- Poor secondary armament: extremely weak AA armament though unlikely to encounter aircraft at her tier, and ineffective 76.2mm secondary guns leave her vulnerable to destroyers.
- Abysmally slow top speed: she can make only 15.8kts stock, and not much better upgraded, making her one of the slowest ships in the game.
- High detection range: worst detection radius of all Tier III battleships.
- General sluggishness can be frustrating to new players who may be new battleships