One of the largest battleships in the world. She was slightly inferior to the Iowa-class ships in terms of speed, but had more main guns and significantly stronger torpedo protection. Montana’s armor was conventionally arranged and considerably reinforced
- Twelve main battery guns generally means that something will hit even if a captain's aim is slightly off.
- Can seriously damage destroyers without swapping ammunition simply due to volume of shells.
- Phenomenal broadside killing power exceeds Yamato and can one-salvo anything that floats; losing or masking a turret still leaves her with Iowa broadside firepower.
- One of the best anti-aircraft suites in the game.
- Secondaries have the best fire chance (9%) and rate of fire (15 rounds per minute per gun) of Tier X battleships.
- Quick turret traverse speed.
- Two turrets still deliver 6 shells, allowing Montana to fire effective salvos at two targets simultaneously.
- Faster than her Tier X counterparts.
- Unparalleled flexibility when compared to her Tier X counterparts.
- Uses same guns as Iowa, no real upgrade for a ship one tier higher.
- Dispersion is frustrating even with Artillery Plotting Room Modification 2 is equipped.
- Very sluggish to accelerate.
- Bow armor is overmatched by Yamato’s 460mm shells. Belt armor angling can still work but is shells will sometimes randomly sneak through anyway.
- AA advantage is only useful in match that has carrier.
- Largest citadel among tier 10 Battleships, though they are below the water line.