Deutschland-class training ship of the Wilhelmshaven Maritime High School. The commander of the ship is Thea Kreutzer and the vice commander is Wilhelmina. She has 28 cm guns mounted on a hull with a displacement equivalent to that of a training cruiser, and her diesel propulsion gives her an extensive cruising range. She is valued on distance voyages for her long cruising range
- Largest health pool of all Tier VI cruisers.
- Access to the Repair Party consumable, giving her surprising durability.
- Good mid-range torpedoes with excellent firing angles.
- Decent anti-aircraft suite.
- Largest guns of any cruiser with high penetration and alpha damage.
- Surprising turret traverse speed.
- Very high torpedo damage reduction for a cruiser, although this is an extremely situational advantage.
- Guns can citadel Tier VIII BBs if close enough.
- Genuinely sturdy ship that can survive against most cruisers it encounters.
- Only two turrets of three guns, which means getting all guns on target can leave Spee’s broadside vulnerable to return fire.
- Despite having the largest guns of all cruisers, she has low potential damage per minute due to her rate of fire.
- Torpedo tubes easily knocked out.
- Second slowest firing cruiser in game (only Furutaka’s stock guns are worse).
- Slowest of all Tier VI cruisers.
- Worst accuracy of all Tier VI cruisers.